Tuesday, October 15, 2013

PEOPLE ARE SO AWKWARD

I need to talk about something. First off let me go ahead and tell you that I am a smoker. I usually smoke about a pack a day. I am not about to tell you how much I hate it, because I don't. I enjoy smoking. and yes, I completely understand the effects it has on my body. But we are all going to die. So yeah, I'm that asshole. 

While I enjoy smoking, I know there are plenty of people who despise it. Therefore when I am in public places I try to be very mindful of who I am around and who make be effected by it. 

Either way the new thing now are these e-cigerattes. Not just the ones that you buy at walgreens for 10 bucks.. but some people are buying ones for 50 or 60 dollars a pop. Supposedly, this liquid that you are smoking contains nicotine but it doesn't contain all those bad chemicals that cigarettes have. And from what I've been told it's not addictive. (Don't quote me on any of these because frankly I didn't do any research on these things because I don't give a shit.)

But what I do care about is these people who smoke them inside. Before you get all crazy on me let me tell you that I truly do miss the days when I could smoke directly after a meal while still inside a bar. But I feel like these people smoking what look like mini hookahs in a crowded room look awkward. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but darling no one here is impressed. 

Maybe I am just a jerk, but it is just so awkward and embarrassing to me when people do this. Just puffing on it and blowing some big random cloud of smoke around. Not to mention the ones that I have been around smell disgusting. And that shit lingers. 

Send your smoke signals if you please, but it is just not my thing at all.

2 comments:

  1. Well I here you hon and I can really relate to what you are saying. I smoked for 41 years. And to tell you the truth at that time I loved to smoke to. What a wonderful drug nicotine is. It calms you down and speeds you up. It helps you focus and it helps you slow down. I mean really what more can you ask for. Then slowly when I hit my late fifties I started getting this cough and had a hard time getting the mucus up. I had felt the same way, you have to die of something. But the mucus became so bad my husband had to stop and pull over to the side of the road so I could spit out the mucus. I know disgusting. (Oh by the way nicotine is addictive in no matter what form you consume it in). But what a wonderful drug it is. Did you know it does the same thing to your brain as cocaine, but cocaine is more intense. Anyway to continue my story, one day during a routine examine they discovered a lump on my breast. I went to the surgeon's and they said they would not operate on my because I wasn't moving air well enough. So I did what I never thought I would or could. I finished the carton of cigarettes and put my last one out and went and bought nicotine replacement commit lozengers. A week later they checked my lungs again and scheduled surgery. The lump was benign, and I joined an online support group at about.com. Eventually I weened off the lozengers. That was five and a half years ago. You see forty eight hours after you smoke, you start having oxygen exchange in your lungs. I know you don't care right now you are young, I mean I didn't. But I hope you don't some day wish you did. You see six months after I stopped and the surgery was all healed, I was diagnosed with emphysema. I wonder what my quality of life would have been if I had stopped at your age. I started when I was 17. I am lucky I am not on a oxygen tank, but I can't run and I find working my greenhouse hard because of the dampness. Yes, I know I have to die of something, but does it have to be something that will take years to kill me in a agonizing death.
    It's a very personal choice, and some people still smoke with emphysema and lung cancer and just die. There choice and not the one I made. I cherish every day as a gift. I probably sound old to you, but I wasn't once. What I did find out is that my choices at your age would effect me once day in a way I never dreamed imaginable.
    I'll get off the soap box now, and thank you for letting me visit. Hope you will stop over and see my blogs.
    http://amazingcouponsanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://myfavoritesolarlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I read and answer every single one by email, so make sure you aren't a no-reply blogger!